Digital Millennium Copyright Act
RED complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). RED's designated copyright agent for notices under the DMCA is:
- Service Provider: Real Estate Domains LLC
- Name of Agent: Legal Department - DMCA
- Address: 3029 Prospect Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
- Facsimile Number: 216-426-1400
- E-mail Address: abuse@red.REALTOR
If you believe your copyrighted work has been infringed by copying, posting, storing, or transmission through a .REALTOR domain name, you may submit to RED a written notification containing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit RED to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit RED to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is the owner of or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is alleged.
Upon receipt of an appropriate written notification from a complaining party containing the above information, RED will remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing. RED will forward the complaining party's written notification to the alleged infringer and will take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that RED has removed or disabled access to the allegedly infringing material.
The alleged infringer may submit to RED a counter notification by providing a written notification to RED's designated copyright agent that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The alleged infringer's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which RED may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the complaining party or an agent of such party.
RED will promptly provide the complaining party with a copy of the counter notification and inform the complaining party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) business days. RED shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it not less than ten (10), nor more than fourteen (14) business days following its receipt of the counter notification, unless RED's designated copyright agent receives first notice from the complaining party that it has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material available through the relevant .REALTOR domain name.
Any other complaints regarding violation of RED's AUP or Terms and Conditions of Use should be in writing and directed to abuse@red.REALTOR. Where possible, please include details that would assist RED in investigating and resolving such complaint, including the subject URL, copy or description of offending content or actions, and, if appropriate, identifying details of any rights allegedly infringed by the offending content/actions.